~by Wendy H. Chapman, Director, Metagifted.Org
Used with Permission
Yes, You can be an adult Indigo. They did not JUST start coming in now,
the numbers have just been increasing more and more until there are so many we finally can
not ignore them. Yeay!!! Are you an adult Indigo?
I believe Adult Indigos have these characteristics:
- Are intelligent (though did not necessarily have top grades).
- Are very creative and enjoy making things.
- Always need to know WHY (especially why they are being asked to do something).
- Had disgust and perhaps loathing for the inanity of much of the required work in school,
- Were rebellious in school, refusing to do homework, rejecting authority of teachers OR
seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
- May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These
may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high
school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
- Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs - resistance to authority and caste system of
- Prefer cooperative efforts or leadership position or solo if expertise is valued.
- Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
- Extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) -
to no expression of emotion (full shielding).
- May have trouble with RAGE.
- Have trouble with most systems (either emotionally, mentally, or physically)- political,
educational, medical, law.
- Alienation from politics - feeling your voice won't count and that the outcome really
doesn't matter anyway.
- Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage,
2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
- Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching
- They feel a need like a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world.
May be stymied what to do.
- Have psychic or spiritual interest fairly young - in or before teen years.
- Had few if any Indigo role models.
- Have strong intuition.
- Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder), may
have trouble focusing on a task unless of OWN choosing, may jump around in conversations.
- Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, hearing
- Sexually expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom. May explore
alternate types of sexuality.
- Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through
religion, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups or books, or individually.
- If they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy lightworkers.
These are my opinion based on the discussions with other Indigo adults and my
extrapolation from child indicators projected back a generation. I am open to other ideas
for indicators as well as disagreements with these. Please write me if you would like to discuss them or
make suggestions. I WELCOME your input!
[ Home ] [ Garden ] [ Temple ] [ Indigo Files ] [ Library ] [ What's New? ] [ September Sorrow ]